Solidquid™ Powder & Liquid Delivery System
Reduce costs by conveying and pre-mixing dry solids
Save time, energy, maintenance and floor space with the Hapman Solidquid™ powder & liquid delivery system. Automatically and precisely unload, measure and deliver a variety of dry bulk ingredients for just about any industry as a pre-blended slurry to your mix tank, blender or other process equipment. Solidquid meters powders into the motive liquid stream to minimize dust and clumping, and dramatically reduces residence and mix times.
It needs no additional mechanical conveyors, and you can save money by using your existing liquid delivery equipment. Its fewer motors mean less maintenance and lower energy costs. Plus, Solidquid’s small footprint takes up less floor space and offers more flexibility in equipment layout.
Contact Bryon Vlier, Product Manager:
- Handle a range of flexible intermediate bulk container (FIBC) sizes up to 4,000 lbs with the height-adjustable, fork-lift-style bulk bag frame.
- Increase efficiency with large bulk bags that permit longer, uninterrupted production runs and less operator assistance.
- Keep bulk solids flowing smoothly with Hapman’s bulk bag unloader agitation paddles.
- Get precise feeding and measuring of solids into your motive liquid flow with Hapman’s PosiPortion™ feeder — delivery rates up to 1,100 ft3/h (31.15 m3/h).
- Reduce dusting with the vacuum generated by the venturi effect, which pulls airborne dust into the motive liquid stream.
- Hoist and trolley bulk bag frame allows operators to quickly load and unload bulk bags.
- Bag agitators maintain an uninterupted flow of materials from the bulk bag.
- Access chamber with integral dust collector pulls airborne particulate away from the operator and eliminates lost product and a potential waste stream typical of other remote dust collector options.
- LumpMaster® effectively breaks up agglomerated material prior to entering the PosiPortion™ feeder to assure a more consistent feed and easy mixing into the motive liquid stream.
- Controls for ease of calibration, recipe changes, status monitoring, performance monitoring and diagnostics.
Solidquid eductor in operation
Wash water enters the funnel-shaped wetting cone and creates a vortex, which prevents dry solids from accumulating on the funnel walls and organizes solids for optimum flow. Meanwhile, the main liquid stream enters the eductor through a converging nozzle to create a high-velocity jet. Liquid leaving the converging nozzle expands in the discharge horn, generating a vacuum behind it. This vacuum draws the material from the wetting cone through the solids inlet and into the eductor. There, both the motive liquid and the solid from the wetting cone mix to form a slurry. The eductor discharges the slurry to downstream holding or mixing tanks where other ingredients may be added, mixed completely and/or simply stored for further use.
Rules of thumb regarding Solidquid applications:
- Motive liquid may not exceed 140 degrees F.
- Motive fluid viscosity may not exceed 100 centipoise.
- Ratio of liquid to solid is typically 8:1 or greater (by volume). Higher concentrations are possible (depending on mixed viscosity), but may require a closed loop concept wherein slurry is circulated through the eductor more than once.
- Back pressure (pressure in the discharge pipe) may not exceed 15 to 20 psig (775 mm of Hg).